Nu-Edge® Self-Ligating Brackets
The new standard in self-ligating brackets.
Nu-Edge SL sets the standard for self-ligating brackets. The design incorporates multiple options that gives you flexibility for your patient needs. A distinctive slide locks the archwire into place while hidden tie wings and undercuts can be used for additional ligation, if needed.
All this in a single bracket with an ultra-smooth surface of cobalt chromium, nano polished for enhanced patient comfort.
Experience efficiency and convenience.
Nu-Edge Self-Ligating Brackets provide the following:
- Low nickel content – Cobalt chromium is biocompatible for nickel-sensitive patients and offers superior strength to prevent slot collapse due to occlusal forces.
- Robust Locking Mechanism – Once the slide is locked in place the archwire slot becomes a ridged tunnel preventing the bracket from being unseated. This distinctive dumbbell mechanism provides an audible assurance that the archwire is locked into place. The slide is easily opened using a standard explorer and closed simply by applying ﬁnger pressure.
- Nano Polishing Technology – Helps prevent bacterial adhesion, reduces friction and enhances surface smoothness for patient comfort.
- Maze Base Design – The maze base is designed for optimal bond strength and unmatched adhesive retention during debonding.
- Ligation Options – Hidden tie wings allow for traditional elastomeric ligation if needed. Metal ties can also be used due to the strategically placed auxiliary wire slot.