Pre-Finisher® Semi-custom Finishing Appliance
Reward patients with early bracket removal. A finishing appliance that can be fitted immediately, no impressions required.
Based on the proven1 design of the Original Tooth Positioner developed by TPO® over 70 years ago, the Pre-Finisher appliance is a preformed, off-the-shelf finishing appliance that provides for detailed finishing.
1. Gregory J. Stock, James A. McNamara, Jr., and Tiziano Baccetti,
“Efficacy of 2 finishing protocols in the quality of orthodontic treatment outcome,”
AJO-DO, vol. 140, issue 5, pp. 688-695, Nov. 2011.
The Pre-Finisher appliance is made from a soft, crystal-clear phthalate-free plastic with smooth edges for increased patient comfort. Sockets are anatomically sized and shaped and its unique, molded airways increase patient acceptance and compliance.
- Effective coverage of second molars, when required
- Available with or without seating springs
- Smooth rounded borders – no sharp edges
- Relief for incisive papilla
- Unique, molded airways increase patient acceptance and compliance
- Accurate freeway space ensures maximum comfort and proper anteroposterior arch relationships
The last two digits of the part number are molded into airways of each appliance to indicate size in millimeters. Patients can look forward to getting fixed appliances removed earlier, and you’ll appreciate the final results without doing the demanding, intricate work. Nothing could be easier!
Effortless detailed finishing
The Pre-Finisher appliance will fit most occlusions, either following the removal of fixed appliances or in nearly normal occlusions that have had no orthodontic treatment. Easy cuspid-to-cuspid measurement assures selection of the correct size for precise fitting.
Pre-Finisher appliances are designed to:
- Offer the ability to remove fixed appliances early and can also be used as a retainer
- Close slight spaces and correct minor rotation
- Correct and relate teeth in both arches simultaneously
- Promote an ideal occlusion without the need for additional aligner trays
May be used as a preformed athletic mouthguard. The unique material provides comfort and protection to patients, encouraging patient acceptance, while the appliance continues to perform and deliver flawless results.