The Flip-Lock HERBST is an excellent appliance. I frequently use it for my Phase I Class II mandibular retrognathic cases. TP Orthodontics Laboratory Services consistently delivers quality appliances with prompt and reliable service and delivery.
A unique fixed appliance that allows a significantly wider range of mandibular movement than typical HERBST designs.
Comfort. Customization. Advanced engineering.
The innovative Flip-Lock HERBST from TP Orthodontics revolutionizes the traditional HERBST appliance. Its sleek, patented design has no pins, screws or springs, and it introduces a unique flip-lock mechanism for fast activation and improved clinical efficiency.
At TP Orthodontics, we eliminate pins, screws and springs to create the Flip-Lock HERBST. Simple in design, our Flip-Lock HERBST provides easy activation, extensive range of motion and free lateral mandibular movement for increased patient comfort. Its unique design ensures normal chewing, swallowing, speech and breathing – which, in turn, leads to better treatment compliance.
Easy to fit
Easy to fit, the Flip-Lock HERBST activates in seconds because of its patented locking mechanism. Mandibular growth is facilitated by the use of crimpable spacers. Regular office visits are shorter because you no longer need to remove tubes and pistons with each modification.
Advantages over other HERBST appliances
- Simple ball-joint design and tube/piston mechanism engineered for greater freedom of movement
- One piece cantilever and ball eliminates the need for welding, saves fabrication time and provides resistance to breakage
- Available with or without cantilever arm
- Low-profile and step-down cantilever shape improves patient comfort
- Anterior ball hinge on cantilever design is available with a horizontal slot which allows for archwire up to 0.56mm x 0.71mm (.022” x .028”), or without a slot for a lower profile height
- Activates in four easy steps without the need for special tools or complicated adjustments
Each Flip-Lock HERBST appliance is fabricated exactly to your specifications. Each appliance is laser-welded to significantly reduce breakage and can be customized for individual cases, shortening treatment time by as much as six months.
Single Patient and Inventory Kits
- 610-400 Single Patient Appliance Kit
2 pistons, 2 tubes, 4 ball hinges on small pad without slot
- 610-410 Single Patient Appliance Kit
2 pistons, 2 tubes, 4 ball hinges on large pad with slot
- 610-430 Single Patient Appliance Kit
2 pistons, 2 tubes, 4 ball hinges on large pad without slot
- 610-420 Single Patient Appliance Kit
2 tubes, 2 pistons, 2 posterior ball hinges, 2 cantilever/ball hinges without slot
- 610-424 Single Patient Appliance Kit
2 tubes, 2 pistons, 2 posterior ball hinges, 2 cantilever/ball hinges with slot
- 610-409 Inventory Kit
30 pistons, 30 tubes, 60 ball hinges, 95 spacers
- 610-403 Pistons
- 610-404 Tubes (5 left, 5 right)
- 610-405 Ball Hinge with small pad without slot
- 610-422 Posterior Ball Hinge without slot and large welding pad
- 610-423 Posterior Ball Hinge with slot and large welding pad
- 610-421 Cantilever/Anterior Ball Assembly without slot
(5 left, 5 right)
- 610-425 One-piece Cantilever/Anterior Ball Assembly with slot
(5 left, 5 right)
- 610-401 1mm
- 610-402 2mm
- 610-406 3mm
- 610-407 4mm
- 610-408 5mm